The Transparent Ballistic Protection Barrier consists of a transparent armor (TA) panel mounted in a wheeled frame. Unlike opaque gun shields, this transparent barrier provides a high level of protection without compromising visibility.
Transparent Armor (also called bullet-resistant glass) is constructed of laminated glass and plastic layers. The no-spall armor design used for this product works in one direction; the “threat side” of the TA panel must face toward potential threats, while the “safe side” must face the area to be protected.
The Wheeled Frame is constructed of aluminum with a steel base. Care should be taken when moving the barrier, as the total weight is approximately 310 pounds. The frame can be disassembled to allow insertion of a new TA panel if the supplied panel becomes damaged.
Performance / Specifications:
- NIJ Level III (7.62X51mm) rifle, FMJ * Transparent armor hs been tested with NIJ standard 0108.01 level III. It also provides protection against lesser threats such as 5.56mm FMJ, 7.62X39mm FMJ, and most handguns.
- Transparent Armor Thickness: 36 mm ± 1.5 mm
- Transparent Armor Panel Thickness: 32″ X 65″
- Transparent Armor Weight: 241lbs.(16.7lbs./ft2)
- Transparent Armor Light Transmission: 85%
- Frame Weight: 70lbs.
- Protection Barrier Base Footprint: 33.5″ X 24″
- Police Stations
- Detention Facilities
- Federal Buildings